Full Time and Contract A&P Mechanics
We Are Looking for A Chief Pilot
Lohman Helicopter is seeking a highly qualified Chief Pilot with high-level leadership skills. Successful candidates will have strong background experience, excellent work ethic, and be willing to join a dynamic and fast-growing team. Commitment to safety and safety culture of utmost importance.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example with integrity.
- Effective management skills and advanced communication skills.
- Hands-on approach, technically competent with meticulous attention to detail.
- Advanced computer skills and capability to build pilot operations infrastructure.
- Dynamic, creative problem solver who will bring a high degree of professionalism.
- Customer service oriented and ability to handle challenges.
- Solid reputation with the ability to recruit qualified pilots.
Chief Pilot Qualifications
- Meet FAR 135 requirements to serve as Chief Pilot and Check Airman.
- Meet DOI/USFS pilot carding requirements. Candidates previously carded will receive preference.
- Thorough knowledge of and current experience with FARs, FAA process, and USFS requirements.
- Direct experience as a company liaison with FAA.
- Maintains proficiency as Pilot-in-Command and Check Airman.
- MUST have good computer and writing skills. The candidate will be required to write and revised company manuals.
Extensive pilot competency – flight operations:
- Fire Suppression Required
- Powerline experience: pole sets, wire pulls required.
- Precision long line skill required
- HEC experience preferred.
Extensive pilot competency – airframes:
- Bell 407
- Bell Mediums (UH1H, 205, 212, 412, 214)
- Maintains proficiency to train pilots in these airframes.
Reporting Structure and Responsibilities
Reports to Director of Operations (DO)
- Advises DO of all flight crew requirements including training, operations, and compliance.
- Assists DO in formulating and implementing flight crew training manuals, standard operations procedures, and policies.
- Submits flight operations reports to DO.
- Company liaison with FAA in concert with DO.
Safety Systems Conduct
- Knowledge/flight crew management of SMS requirements.
- Reports all safety incidents in the company safety systems.
- Collaborates with DO and Director of Safety (DOS) on all incident reports to identify root causes and changes to reduce/prevent reoccurrences.
Flight Crew Supervision and Training for Parts 133, 135, and 137 Responsibilities
- Supervision of flight crew personnel in compliance with the FARs.
- Designs and implements flight crew training: documentation, systems, processes.
- Approves flight schedules, assigns flight crewmembers and Pilot-in-Command duties.
- Coordinates and disseminates information to crewmembers pertaining to routes, airports, NOTAMS, NAVAIDS, company policies, and regulations.
- Enforces pilot conduct (GOM, SMS, IS-BAO, Company SOP’s, EFB).
- Responsible to assist line pilots with flight operations in/out of Canada and Mexico.
- Ensures aircraft are properly equipped for scheduled flight operations.
- Ensures electronic flight bag (EFB) equipment is present and functioning and content are up to date.
- Ensures aircraft contain current versions of the General Operations Manual (GOM), pertinent contracts, and other required documents as necessary.
- Enforces flight crew operating requirements (GOM, SMS, IS-BAO, Company SOP’s, EFB).
Flight Operations Documentation
- Maintains GOM and TM and revises as necessary.
- Prepares and maintains flight operations records: proficiency records, pilot files, flight schedules, duty time records, correspondence, incident reports.
- Develops and maintains pilot training documents (SMS, IS-BAO, Company SOP’s, EFB).
Comprehensive Compensation Package
- Competitive Salary ($90k to $150k – DOE)
- Flight Pay, Per Diem, etc.
- Benefits Package
- Relocation Bonus